Some updates on the TDFWIKI

Last month we had some spam attacks on our TDFWIKI. We blocked the new accounts and deleted the pages manually. A really big thank goes to cloph as he helped me and disabled the manual registration for new users when I wasn’t available. 🙂

After that we had modified again our Title-Blacklist to prevent pages create with well known spam titles (mostly including phone numbers for Canada and USA, some words like phone support, printer assistance, etc.).

Now we should improve our “abuse filter” which checks every edit for spammers who try to add phone numbers to the page content itself. Sadly we realized that it prevented sophie to add and create the recordings of the BoD calls, so it got deactivated again. This is still on my todo list.

 

After rereading my “unread” planet blog post – in this case Charles’ Losing the Art of Wiki , I added as suggested by beluga / buovjaga to add yet another extension: an improvement to the RecentChanges page.

Advertisements
Some updates on the TDFWIKI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s